Wednesday 19 August 2009

Review: District 9 (3 to 200)


When I saw the poster, I wanna watch this because of two reasons:
  1. I love sci-fi movie
  2. This movie is produced by Peter Jackson (the man behind the mind blowing Lord of the Ring series)
Me and my sister had to watch at Pacific, because it is classified 18-SG and stupid TGV Seberang Perai won't show the movie, have to tahan those low quality seats and the almost 4:3 ratio screen...

The movie started in documentary style, and I have to say the move is bold because the documentary style makes us believe that the aliens really landed on our planet, interviewing people and life with aliens, after they were taking refuge on South Afrika... Then the story takes place on so called alien agency agent, Wikus, who was ordered to persuade aliens to move away from the city.

I have to say this movie takes a different view of aliens landing on Earth, every movie are usually invasion, enslave and war with the humans. This though, they put the aliens on the struggle to survive on Earth and their consequences... And the movie ended in a well written but cynical tone, very sad...

It is worth a watch for this well-written and sad sci-fi movie. For me, it place high above the chart...

Verdict: 5/5

7 comments:

Aharm~ said...

Wow!!
Sounds great!!

Ying Ying 盈盈 said...

I totally agree!!

薇薇 said...

i just found out only one cinema in singapore is showing this...
think i'm gonna catch this movie coming weekend :D

Vivian said...

wee......
gv me ur msn~~

Ashly Teoh said...

I want to watch it!!!
But, my mum certainly won't let me got to the cinema.
Duh!!!

Ashly Teoh said...

I mean *go to the cinema. XD
Happy holidays!!

Unknown said...

Vivian: revenge06_burnout@hotmail.com