Saturday 20 November 2010

Review: Scott Pilgrim vs. The World


I never heard of this adaptation before, maybe because the graphic title "Scott Pilgrim" is not popular here. Nevertheless, I interested with the movie when I saw the trailer for the movie. It is like a movie combined with comics and video game elements.

The story is not bad, but not really special either... It is about story of a slacker, Scott Pilgrim (Michael Cera) trying to fight off 7 evil ex-es (exes or whatever the spelling of it) of the girl he wants to be with, Ramona Flowers (Mary Elizabeth Winstead). Although it is nothing special really, but it is good to see story be able to progress through.

The visual effect is quite brilliant, not in the way we always see movies. The movies' effects usually are those retro gaming style effect added into the movie, like Mario, Street Fighter, Bubble Bobble and "combos", making the movie progresses like video games. These effects make the movie special in it's own right. But I'm not sure it will please old generation of audiences, because those stuffs only exists since the Nintendo and arcade era.

Overall, I feel the enjoyment of the movie is pretty satisfying. For a gamer like me, I feel like the movie is actually made for person like me...

Verdict: 4/5 (Fun!)


No comments: