Wednesday 24 March 2010

My Top 5 Video Game Theme Songs

Music has been existed since the dawn of mankind and still existed until today. Nowadays, music is not only found in albums, slide shows, movies, they also been put into video games. With video game budgets soaring high, developer waste no time making better music and theme song for their video games to increase their production value. Here are some of my favourite video game theme songs (if your game is not in the list, is either I don't like it or I haven't played them):


No. 5 Killzone 2
I remember the first time I popped in the disc of this ambitious Sony exclusive, I was greeted by its wonderful main menu soundtrack specially composed for the game itself. It even attracted my sister's attention, who is always busy in the living room play Bejeweled 2, saying to me that she found the music very interesting, she even wonder whether the music is composed by some big name Hollywood composer. With the development cost of the game is $60 million, it remained as one of the finest and most expensive game ever made, not to mention the music itself.








No. 4 GTA IV
Love it or hate it, GTA IV has become a phenomenon (critically, comercially or controversially) worldwide with a total unit of 15 million copies sold and a record of 1.8 million copies sold in United States on its first week of releases. The game also received accolades from all over the world, including Crasher's Life very own Game of the Decade. The game has it's theme called Soviet Connection, to relate to the East European protagonist, Niko Bellic. The theme song it's even in my iPod!!!







No. 3 Crash Team Racing
I considered as one of the best game ever made (it is also being my sisters' favourite game too). Even though the game is simple and made under low budget, the game has very good soundtrack and very perfectly designed game play system that got me hooked for many many months. You ask my sister if you don't believe it... Haha... I can't find the original soundtrack, but I got the song from the intro for you...

No. 2 Command & Conquer Red Alert (series)
In the gaming community, many people agreed with me that this is one of the most memorable game theme song in the gaming history. I have to thank my sister (who was at the university at that time) came back bringing back a copy of Red Alert she bought. After looked at my sister playing the game, I asked whether I can play it and I am hooked to the series ever since. The game theme song, Hell March has been through many revisions for the subsequent sequels, but it's still remains as one of the gaming finest theme song. The song is first played in the first Red Alert where Soviets invades European countries as the real WW II never happened, when the song is played, it was EPIC!!! The video is Hell March 2 from Red Alert 2, the best of all Hell Marches.




No. 1 Battlefield (Series)
Who can deny the epic theme of this series, particularly the first, Battlefield 1942. I think no one actually can. This game was actually being introduced by my cousins and we all love the intro of the game and it's wonderful theme song. It doesn't felt like a game song, it felt like something came out of Steven Spielberg's epic war movies. The theme song are even performed by many renowned philharmonic orchestras out there. Even there are many war games out there, Battlefield theme song and it's game alike are still the favourites of the gaming community. With the latest installment, Bad Company 2 being one of the biggest seller yet (2.3 million copies in first month), the game is still in everyone's gaming library...






So, that's all for my Top 5 gaming theme songs... Enjoy

No comments: