Sunday 31 May 2009

Review: Star Trek/Monsters vs. Aliens


I have to say, I never watched Star Trek in my life before, if I got watched it, it must be for a mere few minutes... Then today I have a chance to watch why the series have such a large fanbase, and I know why now...

Many things of this movie is spot on, even though they try to make a prequel. Most of the movies need you to watch the "Sequel" before you head to the cinema, but this is different, you don't need much knowledge about the previous movies.

Besides the cast is fantastic, every cast emulated the original characters and casts flawlessly. My favourite is Zachary Quinto (pic, above) doing the characters Spock, his dark and serious characters caught my attention as he is one of the factors the movie is so successful. And the new Captain Kirk immature way of handling troubles but the movie back on a balance, the other cast also makes it fansinating. Evil Captain Nero (Eric Bana) is also excellent in this movie.

I also need to give the credit to director J. J. Abrams, who made this flawless movie. Prequel never been able to match with their counterpart or other movies, but he makes it very easily. I never seen any prequel like that before. Mixing different emotions like anger, sadness, happiness and so much other things into 2 hours of movie is very very very spot on!!! He also revive the Space Opera genre, which seems lost after the end of Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith.

I might not give a lengthy review of the movie, but for one thing, this is one of the best movies I've seen. Spot on and flawless, it is worth your time for it...

Verdict: 5/5 (MUST WATCH!!!)


I gotta say, I've been waiting Monsters vs. Aliens ever since I saw the trailer, very funny, and the show had lived up the expectations of the preview I saw. The show is 100% laughing from the beginning to the end of the movie (or shall I say animations), the struggle of Sarah and the stupidity of other characters tackle the Aliens made me always wanna spit out my drink inside the cinema. The funniest characters in the movie is B.O.B. (Bicarbonate Ostylezene Benzoate), genetically-altered tomato was injected with a chemically-altered ranch dessert topping. His greatest strength lies in his ability to devour and digest any substance as well as being indestructible. His one weakness is that his mutation didn't give him a brain, making him unable to think by himself, which made up most of the jokes.

Verdict: 4/5 (It's a must too) Laughness is guaranteed from top to bottom

2 comments:

薇薇 said...

i havent got anytime to watch these movies....
i'm moving to new place on 6th of june, by the time i move, star trek will be over...
woo woo... buy dvd for me

Ying Ying 盈盈 said...

ah wei, don't wait. go watch star trek! a must watch for this year!!