Friday 17 April 2009

R.O.O.T.S. (Route of Overcoming the Struggle) review


I rarely listen to rap album, cuz I always think rap album never have a whole album that is good, but my mind changed after listening to Flo Rida's R.O.O.T.S. (Route of Overcoming the Struggle) album. After listening to his debut album's Low (most popular song in US in 2008), Elevator, and In The Ayer (my sister hates it a LOT), I decided I give it a try...

Rap is all about catchy beats, make you wanna dance and party! And most of the songs from this album are doing just that, especially the debut single from the album, Right Round ft. Kesya is definately a hit!!! And the later single, Sugar use retro clips to make it into a chorus, very catchy too. Jump ft. Nelly Furtado is brilliant too, and it gives a glimpse into Nelly Furtado's upcoming album.

He did try some meaningful songs though, like Finally Here and Rewind. It is nice, but not as memorable to the other songs of the album.

Verdict: This is the first Rap album I really like. 4/5

No comments: