Thursday 9 July 2009

Michael Jackson Memorial Service


How you pay tribute to a celebrity that just passed away? Through a memorial service of course... I watched Michael Jackson's memorial yesterday and I was sad and touched by the tribute speeches, singing and speeches from his family... His brother all wore his famous diamond glove during the Motown 25th Anniversary performance...

The show started with Mariah Carey singing Jackson 5's famous hit, I'll Be There, which was also Mariah's hit after she did the cover of the song. But I can't arranged the order of other appearances but I know there were Usher, Queen Latifah, Kobe Bryant, Smokey Robinson, Stevie Wonder, Lionel Richie, Brooke Shields, Jennifer Hudson, John Mayer and etc. Brother Jermaine Jackson have the performance, singing smiles, one of Michael's favourite song. He broke down in tears, I understand and I feel sorry for the whole family's losses.

In the end, every celebrity joined the stage and started sing We Are The World with families and friends. The childrens then come up the stage and sing Heal The World...

The families stayed on stage and gave speeches about Michael, everyone that were giving speeches all cried before and while giving speeches. One particular speech that is the most moving of all is from Michael's daughter, stating 'Michael as the best dad and will miss him'... From that moment I got the feeling I wanted to cry because it is so moved and touched because his children never come out and appearing publicly giving speeches

No comments: