Sunday 1 November 2009

This Is It


"Concert in Cinema?! Waste money leh...", this is mind of most Malaysians when we said about concert movies. I have doubt about This Is It because I didn't know whether it would be a hit, but since it is Michael Jackson, I said the movie will take off the concert movies genre in Malaysia... And I specially took out my study time to watch this movie.

There are two words I'm going to say "Absolutely Stunning!!!" I am amazed by those dancers, choreographers, musicians and MJ himself make those creative moves and those beats. Practice makes perfects, these words can describe them... Their dance moves and music, they just do it like saying ABC, vowing everyone...

Music videos like Smooth Criminal, Earth Song, They Don't Care About Us and Thriller are specially recreated for the concert. All those scenes and performance merged seamlessly and feels like it is coming from 1 stage... His rehearsal is even better than some of the live acts these days

I gotta say even though the movie is fun to watch, I feel sad too... Watching those scenes, we all knew at that time Michael was just hours away from his tragic death, and this is his last work. His ambition to create a magical concert for the audiences in the UK never happened. Those worked with him for the concerts must be shocked and sad, knowing their difficult auditions, practices and dreams to perform with him were shattered...

We have Elvis, The Beatles, but no one has ever match the magnitude the King of Pop created...
And we all won't know, when there will be another pop sensation like him. Probably 10 years? 20? 50? 100? We really won't know... The King of Pop's shoes is hard to fit in

Verdict: No Score (Incomparable)

3 comments:

薇薇 said...

i don't even write a verdict for this.

btw, we write almost the same thing. hahahaha

Ying Ying 盈盈 said...

I don't care, you must watch this again with me!!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.